VisualcontainertTV International Videoart Channel
Special selection from MIDEN FESTIVAL, Kalamata, Greece
Curated by: Maria Bourika
From 21st April to 23th May 2017
only on VisualcontainerTV
“Stay or fly away?”. “Superm’s diary-chapter 03”. “Shark”. “Stability tests”…
Could be titles from video games?
Time, space, narrative, rules… every game depends on the understanding of the player-viewer and how he experiences the game. Viewers are invited to respond to the “Game Over” videos as levels of a game and create their own end.
by Maria Bourika
1. Maria Korporal, Stay or fly away?, Germany 2015, 0.49
2. Tahir Ün, The Game, Turkey 2013, 2.55
3. Teymur Daimi, Window, Azerbaijan 2015, 11.22
4. Aggeliki Bozou, Superm’s diary-Chapter 03: You and I, Greece 2015, 4.35
5. Cristina Pavesi, Stability tests #2, Italy 2015, 2.30
6. Sávio Leite, Arrudas, Brazil 2015, 0.35
7. Sylviatoyindustries/Sylvia Toy St. Louis, Passages, a Myth, Festival Cutting: The Discovery of the Pregnancy of the King, USA 2016, 1.34
8. Alan Butler, Haifisch, Los Santos 2016, 12.42
9. Kuesti Fraun, RollCalli, Germany 2015, 1.00
10. Mauricio Sanhueza, The Duel, Peru 2014, 3.35
11. Mikhail Basov, Out of Autofocus, Russia 2016, 2.03
12. Kuesti Fraun, Schael Sitt, Germany 2014, 2.20
Video Art Miden
Miden* is an independent organization for the exploration and promotion of video art. Founded by an independent group of Greek artists in 2005, it has been one of the earliest specialized video-art festivals in Greece and has built an international festival identity, presenting an annual video art festival for a decade. Since 2015, Miden continues its work changing its form to a more flexible and broadened event programming, setting as basic aims to stimulate the creation of original video art, to help spread it and develop relevant research.
Through collaborations and exchanges with major international festivals and organizations, it has been recognized as one of the most successful and interesting video art platforms internationally and as an important cultural exchange point for Greek and international video art. It also provides an alternative meeting point for emerging and established artists and a communication hub between artists, organizations, festivals and art spaces around the world.
Miden screening programs have traveled in many cities of Greece and all over the world, and they are hosted by significant festivals, museums and institutions globally.
(*Miden means “zero” in Greek)
International Videoart Web Channel since 2009
VisualContainerTv is the screen to the contemporary videoart world in real time and available to all enthusiast and professional audience, online 24/7 with a special monthly exhibitions.